Version 2.0 – This policy applies from and includes 1 June 2020 until further notice.
This policy applies from and including 1 June 2020 until further notice.
At MetaSolutions, we respect your privacy. We want you to feel secure when you entrust your personal data to us. That is why we have published this Policy. It is based on current data protection legislation, and explains how we work to safeguard your rights and your privacy when we process your information.
- What information we collect and why.
- How we use the information.
- What information we share with others.
Personal Data Controller and Personal Data Processor
MetaSolutions AB, corporate ID number. 556854-0701, Söder Mälarstrand 21, 118 20 Stockholm is the Personal Data Controller for the processing set out in this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the processing of personal data or if you want to know or exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information that we collect
We collect information in the following way:
- Information provided by you or your organisation.
- User accounts
You must have a user account to use our services such as EntryScape or our community. When you open an account, we ask you for personal data including name and email address to enable us to manage your account.
- Our community, newsletter and other communications
We collect and process personal data which you submit to us, such as when you visit our website, register for our newsletter, contact us on other matters for the purpose of dealing with enquiries, communicate with you, give you a good experience of our services or when you participate in group discussions in our community.
- User accounts
- Information we obtain when you use our services.
We collect information on how you use our services and websites, for example when you view and interact with content and functions.
This applies to the following types of information:
- Login information
when you use a service or if you view content which is provided by us, we collect certain information, and this is automatically saved in the server logs. Log data includes the following:
- Information on how you used our service, such as your search questions.
- IP address.
- Cookies which can identify your web browser or your user account.
- On-site storage
We can collect and save information (including personal data) on-site at your unit using functions such as the browser’s storage (including HTML 5) and software caches.
A cookie is a small text file which is stored on the visitor’s computer, that is your computer, and is used to analyse how the visitor uses the website. There are two types of cookies; session (temporary) cookies and persistent cookies which are stored on your computer. The persistent cookies stored on your computer are used, for example, to show what is new on our website since you last visited it. The cookie then retains your latest visit date.
- Third-party cookies
We use analysis cookies to quantify and develop statistics on our visitors’ general behaviour on our website. This includes identifying external pages from which the visitor is coming, the search terms used and which subpages are visited most frequently.
We gather statistics of use and behaviour on our websites. We collect this information to make our website as user-friendly and relevant as possible for you. All the information collected for this purpose is aggregated at overall level and is anonymised.
The MetaSolutions and EntryScape websites use Google Analytics for web analysis, Sharpspring for opt-in (registering email for further communication), Hotjar web analysis, Google Adwords and LinkedIn for remarketing.
- Login information
- Information from other sources
- In some cases we collect information from other sources, such as our partners, Group companies and other suppliers. We can also collect and update your address information via third parties’ address updating services.
How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data is processed only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is collected – for example, as long as it is required to enable us to fulfil the obligations we have under an agreement with you, to fulfil a request from you or to carry out market analysis and marketing. We can also store your information for longer if this is required by law or to protect our legal interests, for example during a legal process.
Your personal data will be deleted or anonymised when it is no longer relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you are a client of ours, we can look at how you use our website, which of our services and offers you have been interested in, which of our newsletters you have interacted with, which of our events you have registered for and similar information. We do this so that we can provide you with targeted offers on our services. You can, at any time, object to the processing of personal data through profiling by contacting us.
How we use the information we collect
Information we collect from our services is used to provide, support and improve our services, develop new services and protect MetaSolutions and our users.
The information we collect with the help of cookies and other sources is used to improve the user experience and the overall quality of the service. One of the products we use for this purpose is Google Analytics. As an example, by saving your language settings we can present our services in the language you use.
We also use information we collect to enable us to:
- keep you regularly informed when new information is posted on our blog/news page,
- send information that you request from our knowledge bank and other resources,
- inform you about activities you might be interested in participating in,
- contact you and give you the help you have requested,
- contact you concerning recruitment if you have searched for a service with us,
- manage accounts and user profiles in our services that you are a user of,
- to make available our community, where you can ask questions and exchange experiences with other community members.
Information which you make public in our services
In our services, you can make information public. Remember that information which you make public can be indexed by Google and other search engines. You or your organisation are/is the Personal Data Controller for all information which you store on our services such as EntryScape and Entryscape Free, and for ensuring that this processing is in conformity with current data protection legislation.
Information that we share
We do not share personal data with companies, organisations or individuals outside MetaSolutions except in the following circumstances:
- To provide you with the service you have requested
For example, we share personal data such as name and user profile in our community with other members for the purpose of achieving a vibrant and successful community service.
- With your consent
We share personal data with companies, organisations or individuals outside MetaSolutions if you have given us permission to do so. We must have your active consent before we can share sensitive personal data with others.
- For legal reasons
We share personal data with companies, organisations or individuals outside MetaSolutions if we have good reason to believe that access to, retention of or disclosure of such data is necessary for:
- complying with applicable legislation, rules, legal process or a mandatory demand from the authorities
- guaranteeing that current user terms and conditions are followed, including investigation of any possible breach of these terms and conditions
- discovering, preventing or otherwise dealing with fraud, security problems or technical issues
- protect against damage to MetaSolutions’ rights, property or security, MetaSolutions’ users or the general public in accordance with what is required or permitted by law.
- With collaborating companies
We may share your personal data with companies and suppliers who provide services for us, e.g. to handle mailings, deliver services, communicate offers, supply IT systems and carry out client analyses. These companies are permitted to process your personal data only in accordance with our instructions and must not use your data for their own purposes.
We work hard to protect ourselves and our users against unauthorised access, changes, disclosure or destruction of information which we manage. Specific security measures are:
- We encrypt access to our services using SSL.
- We review our procedures for collecting, storing and processing data, including physical security measures, for the purpose of protecting against unauthorised access to systems.
- We limit access to personal data to MetaSolutions’ employees, suppliers and agents who require it to enable them to process process the data on our behalf. They are bound to strict confidentiality in accordance with their contracts of employment or a separate confidentiality obligation.
Links and external websites
Our websites provide links to other websites and social media platforms. We are committed to protecting your personal privacy as a user of our websites. In the event that you use social media, for example, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the policies which apply to these platforms.
- Rectification and access to your personal data
As a registered user, you have the right at any time to request rectification of inaccurate information or change the personal data you have provided. You also have the right to view the personal data that we have registered on you. You do this by requesting a register extract.
- Revoke any consent with future effect
If we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right at any time to revoke your continued consent in respect of future processing.
- Oppose processing
You have the right to oppose processing which we carry out on the basis of legitimate interest. You can, at any time, indicate that you no longer wish to receive, for example, advertising and communications mailings. You can deregister either by clicking on a link in the current mailing or by contacting us.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. This does not apply, however, if, for example, we have a legal obligation to retain the data.
- Limitation of processing
You may also have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be limited. If you request that the processing of your data is to be limited, this may, however, mean that we cannot fulfil our obligations towards you during the time to which the processing has been limited.
- Data portability
In the event that you wish to move your data from us, you also have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data which concerns you in a structured, machine-readable format. This right extends only to data which you yourself have shared with us.
- Complaints in respect of our processing of your personal data
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which we process your personal data, we ask you in the first instance to contact us directly. Our contact information is provided in this Policy.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we respond to your comments, you have the right to submit your complaint to the competent supervisory authority, currently Datainspektionen [the Swedish Data Protection Authority].